Folklore games positively influence the development of autistics in the opinion of game therapists
olklore is one of the greatest treasures of every nation. In it are intertwined centuries of experience, elements of faith, myths and way of life. Many specialists who work with children try to reach each of them and develop the abilities necessary for the child, specifically referring to folk art.
Folklore games The approach of the game, based on folklore motifs, was found in children with autism. By the way of game each child gradually learn to pay attention to others, thus leaving the boundaries of his small world.
"It is very important for the therapist to somehow touch folklore," says the Moscow teacher of the "Our Sunshine World" Center, the leading gaming folklore group Ignatiy Rozhdestvensky. "And no matter how he does it - sing, dance, or both."
Ignaty explains that such exercises have a positive effect on all children, including on autistic children. The expert tells in detail what positive response folklore games have in special children, calling such components:
- development of the ability to follow;
- development of large and small motor skills;
- acceptance of experience - reproduction of fragments of songs, poteshok, pestushok. It is very important, when the child later remembers that he already played such a game, that he already heard such a song;
- improvement of attention and concentration - when the child can hold attention not for a few seconds, but already, for example, more than a minute. This means that he is present in the game for a longer time and pays attention to other children, trying to build communication. He notices another child, somehow interacts with him;
- expansion of vocabulary, reversed speech - the child becomes more attentive, remembers all participants in the game group and can address them;
- alignment of the body scheme - children understand where their hands are, where the legs can perform complex movements;
- development of internal inhibition. This quality plays a big role in the process of learning and improving behavior. It means that you do not always need to act immediately, somewhere you need to wait a little. This can be learned through playing games.
"Our children are small, so not all games can be accepted," said Marina Karapetova, a playater of the school-garden "Ditina z majbutnim." - Many children at this stage, I'm trying to teach to interact with toys - pay attention to them, touch them, try to play. That is, we start with the elementary - we crawl together, we roll the machine, we throw the ball, we feed the dolls. Only then, when the children become more receptive, they can be involved in the game. When a child plays in a team, he develops patience, succession, a sense of support and mutual help. "
"It is desirable that the parents of special children also had their own" homework "," Ignatiy Rozhdestvensky adds. - It consists in the elementary - to deal with children, using nursery rhymes and pestles, that is, pinch the child to what has already been created by the people and passed the test of time. "